Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happenings


Well, we participated in the 2008 Muddy Buddy this past Sunday and... well we didn't beat the guys. I know,I know you are all in shock, so were we. I guess they were just faster at it then we anticipated. The thing that's upsetting about it is the guys only started training for this like 4 weeks ago. Susan and I have been running for years. We thought we had it in the bag. So did everyone else based on all the side bets among our friends. I think we lost alot of money for some people. Note to them: only bet on a sure thing!!!!! We'll come back next year, I can bet you that...and that is a sure thing!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are those seriously flowers on the front of your bike??????

i personally don't think there is anything to be disappointed about, your 16th placing is pretty amazing unlike the guys placing so they beat you by 6 mins. susan took one for the team with the fall or you probably would have beat them with your time. like you said theres always next year.

the higgins family said...

looks like a blast! it doesn't matter much if you won...only that you had fun and that looks certain!

Ditty said...

Yes, those are flowers on the bike. Each team needed to decorate the bike to make it stand out so you could find it easily!!! They are huge but we didn't have trouble seeing them.

Anonymous said...

ok that makes more sense. understood.

Anonymous said...

did the boys cheat!? hummm, that could be a possibility!