Wednesday, July 23, 2008

At the salon

So when I got back to work after a weekend off, I come to find out that one of our clients is really, really pissed off at Amy Sue. Now when I say pissed off I mean so pissed she is taking us to court, yes I did say court. A week or so ago she got hair extensions put in-the ones that cost like $ 1200. She called a few days later saying they hurt and felt heavy and she thought they were damaged. So our policy is to have the person come back and we can fix the problems. Which she did and all seemed fine. Then on Saturday she came back and wanted them taken out, now keep in mind she just spent $1200 a week earlier to get them put in. So naturally you know she wanted her money back but we did our job to her satisfaction, she was happy both times she left. So now her husband comes into the picture(he conveniently was in Korea when she made her decision to spend the money) and he is pissed off too, comes in the salon which is full with clients and makes a huge scene, wanting his money back and being just out of hand. So she gives him the info for the company to call to see if they will give him the money back. About an hour later he calls back and said she is responsible for the refund. She's still holding her ground and said no. Fast foward to yesterday, we get a letter from her lawyer that they are suing us to get the money back. And to top it off we also got a letter from the better business bureau that they filed a complaint there as well. That's when Amy Sue got pissed they didn't have to take it there. So she said "bring it on, they are going to spend way more money then the $1200 they aready put out".

Can you believe what poeple won't do to get their money back. I guess it's different when it's $1200 verses $100 for color and a haircut. We never had someone that we couldn't make happy. As this goes on I can't wait to see how it unfolds......

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE.........thats pissed off. sounds like the husband was pissed she spent the $, told her to go get them out and get a refund, and when he got home and there was no refund he flipped out. well good luck with that, its sounds like its going to amy sue and your guys word against hers. do you have any proof that she was pleased with the results both times???? that will be a tough one. let us know how it all unravels.

Ditty said...

Amy Sue cataloged all the visits so hopefully that is proof enough...

the higgins family said...

this is just INSANE. i cannot believe the lengths people will go to bully someone into giving back money they freely spent! i agree with tia...i think her husband got a hold of her and gave her the what's what. maybe i should file a lawsuit against the jon lori salon because my hair was uneven. i think i could win...i could bust you out as my star expert witness. hummmmmm.

Anonymous said...

good for amy sue, glad she has written evidence. still keep us up to speed.

Anonymous said...

Gwen. I have GOT to know. Is the last name Murphy? I work with a guy who just came back from Korea and he is such a demanding (as in, I'm an engineer, when do I get my reserved parking spot?) idiot. There's no other way to describe him other than idiot. My HR guy and I make fun of him all the time. By the way, Chrissy DOES have a reserved parking spot. Thx for adding the name identity so I can comment!! I am so looking forward to hearing how this all turns out.

The Giorgios said...

That's nuts! Bet they drop the lawsuit when they realize it will cost them more than the weave. These are the type of people who make the decent parts of humanity look bad. I hope they lose BIG!

Ditty said...

chrissy- no his last name is not murphy but that would be weird if it was.
there's no new updates on it so far, I'll keep you posted....

Ditty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

did you drop off the face of the planet?????????????

Anonymous said...

hey is your time on your blog correct??? i don't think it is because my last comment says 11 and its 2. not that it matters, but it does!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello....Gwen...where are you?

Ditty said...

Gosh, it's nice to be missed...I obviously didn't fall of the face of the planet. I guess I don't have any good gossip these days, well I have some but nothing you don't already know from the local homicide...

Anonymous said...

Can you tell the location of the salon?