Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life in the small town

Well, I just got the news today that the local police made an arrest in the Roseboro homicide. I can't believe it, they arrested the husband. This just can't be!!! He always seemed like such a nice guy when he came into the salon. He seemed respectful to his wife and family, I can't see it. It came out last week that he had been having an affair, OK that doesn't prove he killed his wife...but in this small town I guess it does. There are so many poeple in the salon that were convinced that he did it, people that didn't even know him or the family. People that are just hungry for some kind of drama, checking the news and papers everyday, having something to say about it. I felt like just saying to them"Just Shut Up"it was like whisper down the alley you used to play as a child, everyone added their own thought to the story and made it as though he brutally beat his wife and drowned her in the pool because he was having a passionate love affair behind her back. PLEASE!!! The only people that know how the marriage was is the two of them and you know what, that's how it should be. I feel the most sad for the 4 children who have to go through this whole thing. They arrest the Dad, who gets to explain that to the kids. What if he gets aquitted, who gets to explain that to them. They lost their mom and now they might lose their dad as well. It's such a gut wrenching situation for everyone involved.....

8 comments:

lil' sahmy's mommy said...

I saw the headline this morning coming into work and felt sick to my stomach. I'm having a hardtime believing this as well--probably b/c I spent the last 2 weeks reasoning that it couldn't have been him. I agree, Gwen--those poor kids. Their in a rotten place having lost their mother and now their father. Even if it wasn't him, the majority of the town has already tried him and found him guilty. Something just doesn't seem right about it--one of those situations where everything points to him, but maybe there's a piece missing that could clear him.

The Giorgios said...

This is really sad. A little more than a year ago, my cousin's friend killed his wife and then himself...in front of one of their children. In that situation, they knew he did it, but my cousin kept saying (over and over and over) she couldn't believe he was capable of doing something so horrific. She knew him for many years and never dreamed he could or would do anything so brutal. He was a "family man." Certainly not suggesting the husband in the case in your town should be assumed guilty, that wouldn't be right, but I guess you just never really know what someone is willing to do. Really, really awful!

Anonymous said...

read the affidavit........

i'm thinkin he's guilty.....

lil' sahmy's mommy said...

Do we know this Angie Funk?

Ditty said...

I know who she is from walking by the salon with another client of ours. That's all I know about her....

lil' sahmy's mommy said...

Now what is this in the defense attorney's statement today about $40K of jewelry missing from her?

Ditty said...

I don't know but if there's that kind of thing missing that sure does look like a robbery or theft. This plot sure is thickening, more stuff like this and he'll end up getting off....

Anonymous said...

OMG. r u kidding. this is such a joke. 40k of jewelry isn't really that much if the quality of diamonds and gems were good. it could have only been 3 items (earrings,engagment ring,necklace) there is no way someone robbed them for those items, killed her then decided to clean everything up, find out were the circuit breaker box is turn the dusk 2 dawn light off, dump her in the pool and then turn the light back on, all this while micheal and the kids are inside sleeping and then get out of there. he is so guilty, his lawyer and he are pulling at straws......